John Vandeleur LL.B
Legal Practitioner Director
For over 25 years, John has fought for the rights of injured persons and their families. He has extensive experience across all matter types, including mesothelioma and other asbestos diseases; Industrial diseases and Toxic Torts; workplace injuries; traffic injuries; skin cancer claims; Total and Permanent Disablement claims, and institutional sexual abuse. John represents clients throughout Queensland, interstate, and overseas.
John is accredited by the Queensland Law Society as a specialist in personal injury law – an accreditation he has maintained since 2003.
Court decisions in claims John has handled include:
- Wood v Merck Sharpe & Dohme  NSWDDT 61. Pharmaceutical process worker with asthma caused by workplace exposure to chemicals.
- Kitson v Skilled Group Ltd & Ors  QSC 414. Claim by a shipwright for an ankle injury against multiple responsible parties.
- Szajna v Australian Postal Corporation  FCA 1136. Claim for the death of a postal worker from atrial fibrillation in the course of employment.
In addition John has successfully negotiated many substantial and complex cases including:
- quadriplegia from gym training incident – settled for $4M;
- above hip amputation in a workplace incident- settled for over $3M;
- melanoma caused by sunbed exposure – settled for $900,000.00;
- paraplegia when beachgoer struck by a surf kite – settled for $900,0000.00.
From the smallest case to the very largest, whether a client has a terminal asbestos disease or is suffering the debilitating effects of whiplash, all of John’s clients are cared for with the utmost professionalism, care and concern, and determination to achieve the best possible result as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
“Thank you doesn’t even come close to the way I wish to repay you for all you’ve done for me and my family.”
“We take this opportunity to thank you for all that you have done for us – we cannot thank you enough.”
“Paul was very happy with the outcome, and your personal kindnesses to him through this time have been most appreciated by his daughters as well as myself. Your work in this area is much valued, especially as you are so personally committed and understanding of the background of his and other’s cases.”
“Thank you for all your efforts and compassion during the past few months.”
“I do appreciate the excellent service carried out by you on my behalf.”
“Both Ruth and I greatly appreciated the efficient attention to our compensation claim. It certainly was devoid of the trauma we had anticipated.”